Unclaimed Veterans Benefits

Millions of dollars are waiting for some Americans, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Officials with the VA are stating that veterans and families of veterans have not claimed millions of dollars in benefits. About 22 million people enrolled in the insurance programs since World War II.

Veterans benefits due military personnel often go unclaimed. Benefits overlooked are disabled veteran payments, veteran death benefits and burial allowances, veterans life insurance, savings bonds and military back pay.

According to the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs, unclaimed insurance funds are owed to certain current and former policyholders or their beneficiaries. This unclaimed money is owed to veterans that the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs has been unable to locate. The insurance policies involved include: United States Government Life; National Service Life Insurance; Veterans Special Life Insurance; Veterans Reopened Insurance, and/or Service-Disabled Veterans Life.

The Aid and Attendance Special Pension provides benefits for veterans and surviving spouses who require the regular attendance of another person to assist them in daily activities. it can also help with nursing home and Assisted Living expenses.

There is millions of dollars in death awards, life insurance policy payouts, dividend checks and premium refunds that were mailed to veterans, only to be returned to the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs by the Post Office because they could not be delivered. The money is held indefinitely . For more information about unclaimed funds, contact the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs - www.va.gov.

To see if you or a family member has any unclaimed money, check the veterans affairs website:


An unclaimed veteran benefit will not show up in a search of State Unclaimed Property databases, as it is an obligation of the federal government. Similarly, funds and benefits held or owed by the Veterans Administration and Department of Defense do not include amounts that may be held or owed by other Federal and State Agencies.

For general assistance with benefits due veterans, including disability payments, burial allowances and life insurance, contact the Veterans Benefits Administration, Department of veterans Affairs, 1120 Vermont Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20421. Phone (800) 669-8477 to speak to a benefits counselor or visit: va.gov

The National Personnel Records Center / Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) provides DD-214's and other separation documents that are required to process most types of claims, including those for burial assistance, pensions and life insurance. Pursuant to the Privacy Act of 1974, the Department of Defense requires that all requests for information be made in writing. It must be dated and signed, as well. Standard Form 180, "Request pertaining to Military Records," can be accessed from the NPRC website: http://www.archives.gov.

Transfer to Search

The Unclaimed Money Database is a Fast and Easy Way to See if you have Missing Money that is being held by the Government. You'll instantly search the National Unclaimed Property database. You can also be connected to every State's Unclaimed Property Agency so you can contact them by email or telephone to receive personal service in retrieving your money.

The Unclaimed Money Search is Free for Network of Business Members. To Login, Click Here. If you're not a Member - Click Here.

Remember the service is Free and there is a 30% chance that you'll find some Missing Money.

Search Now